Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Furst (Stephen)

I'm going to ramble.

I don't really always write with cohesiveness, or proper language, or any language, sometimes it seems. But I love to write. I've always loved to write, but I've gotten away from it. I don't know why. Perhaps it's because I've become a terrible writer; perhaps I've become a terrible writer because I've gotten away from writing. Any skill atrophies. Except my skill at using semicolons.

This blog is going to be about sports, and it's going to be about pop culture, and at least a little bit, it's going to be about my life. I have no shame in saying Bill Simmons is my inspiration for this; grantland.com launched today, and I thought about it, and about doing something you love, and maybe somewhere down the road there's room for me to write for a living. But for right now, I'm writing because I love to write.

I'm not normally a goal-oriented person, but I have a goal for this blog. I want to get one person reading because they like my writing. Not because they like me (that doesn't hurt), not because my mom pays them $5 a week to read what I've done, but somebody I've never met staying here and reading because they actually enjoy my style, and maybe even my opinions. It's not too likely I'll achieve that goal, but it's there. One person.

No comments:

Post a Comment